What is Honduras Compassion Partners (HCP)?
- HCP partners with other nonprofits, medical clinics, churches, businesses, and individuals who are united behind the idea that the poor in Honduras can become self-sufficient, live healthy lives, and have dignity.
How long has Honduras Compassion Partners been established?
- HCP was formally established in 2013 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
What is the purpose of Honduras Compassion Partners?
- The mission of HCP is to help the poor and underprivileged of Honduras become self-sufficient. We accomplish this by building relationships and meeting the practical needs of people.
What are some of the practical needs?
- 80% do not have access to clean drinking water
- 50% do not have a sanitary bathroom option
- 50% have dirt floors
- The poor have very limited access to medical care
- Medical clinics are understaffed and poorly equipped
How do we meet these needs?
- We organize and send short term mission teams who:
- Install clean water filter systems, latrines, and concrete floors in homes
- Equip medical clinics
- Provide medical services